- Written by Super User
- Hits: 6208
Monitoring and Evaluation is a wide field and its practical implementation means data collection on indicators, analysis and reporting in order to inform the project implementers on the level of achievement of results.
This often means there must be somebody responsible for indicator data collection, data collation, data manipulation and analysis at all times as the project is under implementation. Technical skills such as M&E Survey Design, Sampling Methodology, Data Collection Techniques, Data Analysis and Interpretation become inevitable on the part of the staff responsible for these tasks. This training is designed to impart in participants the practical skills of M&E survey process management – as a buildup training to the PMEAL Module.
1. To introduce participants to fundamental statistical skills for M&E data
2. To impart practical skills of M&E survey design and process management
3. To explore quantitative & qualitative M&E data collection methods and tools
4. To build participants’ skills in mobile data collection for M&E surveys
5. To introduce participants to quantitative analytical techniques for M&E surveys
6. To explore qualitative data management techniques for qualitative evaluations
Who Should Attend this training
Participants should note that this is a build-up course on the PMEAL training and it is 80 percent practical.
This training is suitable for those already knowledgeable in theoretical basics of M&E. Participants must have attended PMEAL training with us or elsewhere before registering for this Module.
The training is particularly suitable for M&E Managers and/or junior officers responsible for M&E implementation in the project/programme. It is also a recommended training for project managers, researchers, quality assurance officers, and graduate/post-graduate students currently undertaking M&E courses at a University, among others.
• Introduction to statistical skills for M&E data
• Evaluation Designs and Survey Planning
• Sampling Methodologies for M&E Surveys
• Data Collection Methods & Tools for M&E Surveys
• Mobile Data Collection Techniques (e.g. ODK, Kobo)
• M&E Data Analysis Techniques (e.g. STATA/SPSS)
• Introduction to Qualitative Evaluations Participatory M&E Tools
• Qualitative Analysis Techniques (e.g. NVivo)
• Monitoring Reports and Evaluation Reports
This training will take up to 30 hours to complete; but divided into 10 sessions of 3 hours each, and conducted in 10 consecutive days.
|7th December - 18th December 2020||1700-2000|
You can pay for the training with either USD or Kenya Shillings. The training costs US350 or Ksh30,000 and this takes care of the following:
1. Soft copy of the training notes
2. Customised templates for use in workplace
3. The virtual live training